Setting Job Templates
A job template is basically a series of predefined steps that you lay down to help your field agents complete a Work Order or Inspection.
Named Job Templates provide a convenient way to configure and re-use a variety of Work Order or Inspection options and reduce repetitive typing when creating a Work Order or Inspection.
Here let’s see how a Work Order/Inspection template is set up.
There are two ways to create a new job template.
Using Job Templates Module
- Navigate to – Main Menu > Jobs > Job Templates. Choose between Work Orders or Inspections.
- Click + Work Order Template
- Add template details.
- Give a Template Name.
- Select a Category from the dropdown.
- Add description or attachments, if required.
- Check off Track Agent Status, if required.
- Add Estimate items in the estimates section.
- Primary Agent Responsibilities
- Toggle buttons – Estimate, Forms, Invoice, Signatures & Follow Up
- Click the star to mark each item as mandatory.
Mandatory items are required actions to be completed by field agents on-site.
- Click Save Work Order Template.
Note: Only a Work Template Name is mandatory in the steps above and all the rest are optional.
Once a template is applied to a work order you can still edit the items in the template.
While Creating Jobs
The other way to set up and save job templates is when creating a work order or inspection.
- Go to – Jobs > All Jobs > +Work Order/Inspection
- Add the required job information.
- Work Order/Inspection details
- Tasks, Estimates, Sites & Entities, and Primary Agent Responsibilities
- Check off Save Work Order/Inspection Template.
4. Enter a template name. Enable Make Default, if you need it to be the standard template for all your Work Orders/Inspections. Click Save.